Umbrella provides advice and support for parents and carers of children and young people with special education needs (SEN). They will help you work through the Education Health and Care Plan (EHC) process.
Independent support will be provided to:
- young people or parents/carers of children being assessed for an EHC
- young people or parents/carers of children with a statement transferring to an EHC
- young people with a Learning Disability Assessment transferring to an EHC.
Support will be provided during the assessment and planning process. Support is free, impartial and time limited. It aims to help parents/carers and young people:
- understand the special education needs and disabilities (SEND) reforms and the new EHC process
- contribute to assessments and take an active part in decision making
- access support from a wide variety of external services
- understand about resolving disputes, mediation and how to appeal or complain.
Information about independent support will automatically be provided to parents and young people once a request for an Education Health and Care needs assessment has been agreed.
To access independent support or find out more about the services Umbrella offer visit the Umbrella website, email: email@example.com or tel: 01332 785658.
All referrals will be acknowledged.
Umbrella aims to make initial contact with the family and/or young person within one working day of referral.